Monday, September 11, 2006

Faire du Jogging

I'm sore. I've already talked about the shin splints, but yesterday I decided that it would be a good idea to go for a jog. Leaving my apartment building, seen at the right (and no, I can't pick out my apartment in this picture). While waiting for the trusty iPod to load I opted to do some sit-ups, making it to about 20 by the end of three songs. I know, I'm a beast.

At last, the iPod is fully charged and I have a playlist specifically for my exercise. I jog down the stairs, out the door, and around the corner to the Jardin des Plates, or for ye non-French-speakers, The Plant Garden. It's original. I run through the park, discovering a little bit more of it as I go (there are goats, ducks, two types of geese, and several parrots kept in the garden. Odd, but it's something to see). Though I'm not the only person exercising in the park, people seem to stare a bit more at me when I go past, and one man even laughs and says "Cours!" or "Run!" and I tried to smile but it came out as more of a grimace, seeing as how I was already out of breath. Note: It was very unusual that he even acknowledged my presence, so maybe I was breathing extra hard or something like that.

After I tour the park about three times I jog (and by that I mean I walk about half the distance) to UCO, around the campus, then back to the apartment. My legs feel like jelly, and today not only are my legs sore, but my back is killing me. I don't understand it.

On a completely different note, I'm about to go find out which level of French class I will be in for the rest of the semester. This should be interesting. I'll let you know how the revelation goes.

2:45 pm
I checked. I'm in the dummy class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a lovely description of your run. The part about the grimace made me laugh. Is that guy a regular fixture in the park? Sorry about the French level. I'm sure you'll exceed everyone in it. How did they decide which one you'd be in?